JAIIB (Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) is the most awaited exam by the banking officials and is conducted by the IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance). The official dates for the exam to be conducted in May are announced now by the board. Any aspirant who is employed in the banking and finance industry can apply for this examination for promotions and salary increments as well. The interested candidates need to submit the JAIIB online application to the institute for membership. The membership file for JAIIB online registration in May 2020 is available on the official website by which a single membership can be obtained on a life membership basis.
JAIIB Registration Eligibility criteria
- This professional examination can be attempted only by the working officials of the banking and finance industry.
- The candidate must have passed the 12th standard in any discipline. The institute may allow any candidate from the supervisory staff cadre or clerical staff cadre of banks to appear at the examination on the manager or officer-in-charge of the bank even if he-she is not passed the 12th standard or equivalent.
- The subordinate staff of any recognized banking or financial institutions in India is also eligible to appear at the examination after being a member of the institute.
About the JAIIB registration process and application form
Candidates can apply online for JAIIB on the official website of the board by logging in with the personal membership number followed by the password. Necessary details like medium, mode, centre for the exam and place of work etc are also needed to be filled in the application form. The candidate should thoroughly go through the entered data and information carefully before the final submission of the application.
After submission of the application form, the payment page will be opened with the allowance of payment through any means such as credit/debit card or net banking facility as well. Examination fees based on the attempts to the examination are as follows: -
- Fee for the first attempt- Rs. 2,400+ GST
- Fee for the second attempt- Rs 1,000+GST
- Fee for the third attempt- Rs 1,000+ GST
- Fee for the fourth attempt- Rs 1,000+ GST
On the other hand, the normal examination fees within the specific time period also vary as follows: -
- Normal examination fees - From 24.02..2020 to 01.03.2020
- Normal examination fees plus Rs. 100 - 02.03.2020 to 15.03.2020
- Normal examination fee plus Rs. 200 – 16.03.2020 to 22.03.2020
JAIIB examination date (May 2020)
All the examinations for three subjects namely Principles and practices of Banking (PPB), Accounting and Finance for Bankers (AFB) and Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking (LRB) will be conducted online and the dates for the examination are as follows: -
PPB – 03.05.2020 (Sunday)
AFB – 10.05.2020 (Sunday)
LRB – 17.05.2020 (Sunday)
The exam duration will be of 2 hours and the question paper will contain 120 multiple choice questions which carry 100 marks and also depends on case studies. The number of questions to be asked from a subject will be varied by the board and there will be no negative marks.
If you are looking to crack the exam this year then after JAIIB registration your preparation should accelerate and the complete syllabus including mock tests should be completed two or three weeks before the examination.