What is CAIIB?
2nd Apr 2022
After passing JAIIB exam, one can appear for Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Banker (CAIIB) exam which is another flagship course of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). The objective of CAIIB is to provide advanced knowledge necessary for better decision making covering Treasury Management, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, Credit Management, International Banking, Economic Analysis etc.
Candidates must have completed JAIIB or PART-1 of the Associate Examination, and their membership subscription should not be in arrears.
SUBJECTS OF EXAMINATION
- Compulsory Paper
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
- Elective Papers (Candidates to choose any one of their Choice)
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial Advising
- Human Resources Management
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
- Treasury Management
There is no exemption in any of the above subject/s for prior qualification/s. The Institute has introduced electives to give opportunities for candidates to specialize in the vertical of their choice. Candidates may choose the elective in the area they are currently working or in the area they would like to work in future. It is suggested that the candidates may choose the elective in the area they are currently working and later move to other elective as this will enable appropriate skills / build up for handling different banking verticals.
A minimum mark for passing in a particular subject is 50 out of 100. However, if a candidate secures at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks i.e. 150 marks in aggregate in all subjects of above mentioned papers in a single attempt will also be declared as passed.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION:
- There are four attempts in 2 years that are given to a candidate to pass this exam upon afresh registration.
- Candidate who is unable to pass the exam within stipulated time period of two years or within four permissible attempts, has to re-enroll himself afresh
- Upon afresh registration, the candidate will be given 4 more attempts to clear this exam. If any candidate who is unable to clear his/her pending paper(s) within four attempts needs to reappear in all the three papers.
- 1st Attempt : Rs. 2700/- (Plus GST)
- 2nd Attempt : Rs. 1000/- (Plus GST)
- 3rd Attempt : Rs. 1000/- (Plus GST)
- 4th Attempt : Rs. 1000/- (Plus GST)
It is important to note that candidates are required to register for every attempt separately.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION
Hindi or English
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
- Question Paper will contain 100 objective types multiple choice questions for 100 marks including questions based on case studies/case lets. The Institute may however vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject.
- The examination will be held in Online Mode only.
- There will NOT be negative marking for wrong answers.
Questions for the examination will be asked for:
- Knowledge testing
- Conceptual grasp
- Analytical / logical exposition
- Problem solving
- Case analysis
DURATION OF EXAMINATION
The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
PERIODICITY AND EXAMINATION CENTRES
The exams are conducted twice in a year typically, in June/July and Dec/Jan
A candidate who gets 70% or more marks in aggregate and 60 or more marks in each subject in the first physical attempt is consider first class with distinction.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR EXAMINATION
Application for examination should be registered online from the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in. The schedule of examination and dates for registration will be published on IIBF website
Like this article?
Subscribe to Myonlineprep - English to receive daily updates of the latest articles delivered straight to your inbox.