WHAT IS JAIIB? - IIBF - MYONLINEPREP
2nd Apr 2022
Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Banker (JAIIB) is a flagship course of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). The of objective JAIIB is to provide required level of basic knowledge in banking and financial services, banking technology, customer relations, basic accountancy and legal aspects necessary for carrying out day to day banking operations.
- Any person working in the banking and finance industry whose employer is an Institutional member of the Institute can apply for membership.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination in any discipline or its equivalent.
SUBJECTS OF EXAMINATION
- Principles & Practices of Banking
- Accounting & Finance for Bankers
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
A minimum mark for passing in a particular subject is 50 out of 100. However, if a candidate secures at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks i.e. 150 marks in aggregate in all subjects of above mentioned papers in a single attempt will also be declared as passed.
TIME LIMIT FOR PASSING THE EXAMINATION:
- There are four attempts in 2 years that are given to a candidate to pass this exam upon afresh registration.
- Candidate who is unable to pass the exam within stipulated time period of two years or within four permissible attempts, has to re-enroll himself afresh
- Upon afresh registration, the candidate will be given 4 more attempts to clear this exam. If any candidate who is unable to clear his/her pending paper(s) within four attempts needs to reappear in all the three papers.
- 1st Attempt : Rs. 2400/- (Plus GST)
- 2nd Attempt : Rs. 1000/- (Plus GST)
- 3rd Attempt : Rs. 1000/- (Plus GST)
- 4th Attempt : Rs. 1000/- (Plus GST)
It is important to note that candidates are required to register for every attempt separately.
MEDIUM OF EXAMINATION
Hindi or English
PATTERN OF EXAMINATION
- Generally, there are 120 objective type questions for 100 marks are asked. There are 70 questions which carry 0.5 marks, 35 questions carry 1 mark and 15 questions carry 2 marks.
- No more paper based exam now, the exam is held in online mode only.
- Good news is that, there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
DURATION OF EXAMINATION
The duration of the examination will be of 2 hours.
PERIODICITY AND EXAMINATION CENTRES
The exams are conducted twice in a year typically, in May/June and Nov/Dec
A candidate who gets 70% or more marks in aggregate and 60 or more marks in each subject in the first physical attempt is consider first class with distinction.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR EXAMINATION
Application for examination should be registered online from the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in. The schedule of examination and dates for registration will be published on IIBF website
Like this article?
Subscribe to Myonlineprep - English to receive daily updates of the latest articles delivered straight to your inbox.